Data Structure is nothing but a way to organize the Data efficiently.
Nowadays IT Sector is growing like anything. IT sectors are playing with data to make their system efficient enough to behave like a real human.
Data is an important key to make a system user-friendly.
Let's Understand with an Example :
Just imagine you are going to meet a person and you do not know anything about that person. So, what will your approach be for connecting with that person?
Most likely, you will behave in a very normal and formal manner. You can not act very friendly with a person you are meeting for the first time. Its because you do not know anything much about him, his nature, his thoughts, about his likes and dislikes and many more things.
But now, think that you are going to meet one of your oldest friends then definitely you will not behave formally with him. Its because you know very well about the person and you know how to behave with him so that he will also be quite comfortable with you. So, here, your approach will be changed in this condition.
Conclusion of the above example
The main difference between the above two cases is data.
In the first case, you do not have any data about the person, so you behave formally.
Alternatively, in the second case, you have sufficient data about the person so, now, you know how to behave and what makes him happy. You have changed your approach to friendly behavior.
The main purpose of the above example was to explain the importance of data in altering the behavior of a person. In the present time, online systems are dominating over all the systems and every company wants to make systems that can be user-friendly and also have a lot of information to manage and use it efficiently to make their system intelligent.
Some information about data -
- 90% of world’s data generated over last two years.
- Over 2.5 quintillion bytes of data are created every single day, and it’s only going to grow from there. By 2020, it’s estimated that 1.7MB of data will be created every second for every person on earth.
- Daily Data-
- 500 million tweets are sent
- 294 billion emails are sent
- 4 petabytes of data are created on Facebook
- 4 terabytes of data are created from each connected car
- 65 billion messages are sent on WhatsApp
- 5 billion searches are made
- By 2025, it’s estimated that 463 exabytes of data will be created each day globally – that’s the equivalent of 212,765,957 DVDs per day!
So, the concern now is to handle a lot of data in a way so that we can manage them, use them and perform various operations on them in very less time and very less memory size.
That’s why there is a lot of demand for developers who have a good knowledge of Data Structures. Because Data Structure is all about structuring the data in a way that it will use less memory and will be organized to be used efficiently in lesser time.